Hollywood actor John Cena has tied the knot with Shay Shariatzadeh in a private ceremony in Tampa, Florida after more than a year of dating her.
The ceremony took place on October 12, as per various media outlets. Days before getting married to Shay, John had also tweeted about happiness as he wrote, “‘I will be happy if I only get (x).’ This is a great way to mold an entire life spent chasing happiness and never finding joy.”
“I will be happy if I only get (x).” This is a great way to mold an entire life spent chasing happiness and never finding joy.
— John Cena (@JohnCena) October 13, 2020
According to a report, Shay is an engineer by profession. John and Shay had sparked engagement rumours earlier in February this year when the lovebirds were spotted at an amusement park in San Diego. Shay was then reportedly wearing a ring on her left hand.
At that time, John had further fueled the speculation by tweeting about love and marriage. “‘A happy marriage is a long conversation that always seems too short’ – Andre Maurois,” he had written then, seemingly dropping a hint about his impending marriage with Shay.
John and Shay first linked in March 2019, less than a year after the former’s split from ex-fiancée Nikki Bella. In fact, after John started dating his now wife, the former wrestler’s WWE colleague Seth Rollins had said that he hasn’t seen John “this happy in a long time.”
On the movies front, John will feature in The Fast And The Furious 9 alongside Vin Diesel and ensemble. He is also entering the superhero universe with DC Comics character Peacemaker in upcoming film The Suicide Squad.
- Shay lived in Vancouver.When she started seeing John, Shay was a product manager at Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions Company in Vancouver, Canada. “I interviewed multiple Product Managers to figure out how they got into their role, and I followed their path,” she said in a profile on Avigilon‘s website. “Today, I take pride working in the video surveillance industry because our products help keep people and their assets safe, and that’s my little contribution to our world.”
- She studied Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of British Columbia, where she received a bachelor’s degree in 2013, according to E! Online.“I have always enjoyed math and physics,” she continued on Avigilon’s site. “My brother studied engineering in school, and I remember one day he came home with a project and it was an autonomous car — and that was it! I decided to study Engineering.”
- Her mom has been a source of inspiration for her.“The strongest and most hard working woman I know is my mother. The biggest lesson she taught me was to be independent and fight for the things I want in life,” Shay added. “She is the reason I fight to be the best version of myself, to be kind and to never give up—because, despite all the hardship, she always smiled. She is my hero.”
- Since Oct. 2013, she’s been a Mentor for her alma mater.Part of her duties as a Mentor include developing and maintaining “connections to UBC and contribute to efforts to build a stronger industry and community,” and contributing “to the future of engineering and technology by assisting the next generation of leaders,” according to her LinkedIn.
5. She was spotted having a four-hour dinner with John on one of their first dates. The pair seemed to have plenty to talk about, as their first outings as a couple were long ones. Four hour dinners mean amazing conversation, and that clearly helped connect the wrester/actor with the beautiful engineer. Less than two years later the man who was so reluctant to get married in the past is now a husband again!
Source: News 18 & Hollywoodlife