Rashtriya Janta Dal (RJD) leader Tejashwi Yadav on Saturday released the manifesto of his party for 2020 Assembly Elections. The manifesto promised to provide 10 lakh jobs if voted to power as well as an unemployment allowance of Rs 1,500.
It has also promised that all the villages in Bihar will be turned into smart villages if the RJD is elected to power. Here’s a list of promises RJD has made in its manifesto:
- RJD in its manifesto promised to bring in a domicile policy providing 85% reservation in state government jobs for local youth
- State government employees on contract to be regularised and given equal pay for equal work
- Privatisation in all the state government departments will also end
- New Industrial Policy will be brought in to provide tax waiver and tax deferment benefits for a certain period to set up new industries in the state.
- Regularisation of contractual teachers and recruitment of librarians and Urdu teachers has been promised as well
- Waiver of application fees in all government jobs and exams
- Setting up of Bihar Youth Commission
- Setting up of domicile policy to provide 85% reservation to local youth in government jobs
- Unemployment allowance 1500/- p.m will be provided to youth upto the age of 35.
- Educational loan upto 5 lacs will be waived off
- Farmers to be provided a bonus over and above MSP for their produce
- All farm loans will be waived
- Kisan credit card loans taken before 2020 will be waived
- Kisan Aayog will be set up
- New industrial policy will be brought
- Commerce commission will be set up
- Vyapari Suraksha Dasta will be set up to provide security to industrialists and businessmen.
- Special Economic Zone will be set up for the food processing industry, industry-specific cluster, food park, food processing unit, IT parks and more
- Electricity rates will be reduced
- Interest-free loans will be provided to industries relating to agriculture and agricultural produce, sugar, jute, makhana, etc.
- Toddy industry will be commercialized.
- Recruitment of teachers will take place at war footing and all vacant posts will be filled in all government schools.
- The budget on education to be increased to 22% of state GDP
- E-learning will be promoted in schools. Computers, high-speed internet, and projectors will be provided in government schools
- English and computer education will be made mandatory in all government and private schools along with mother tongue
- Laptops to be provided to all OBC students and Dalit students who secure 80% marks in class 12
- Hundred smart world-class schools will be constructed in the first three years of government formation
- Sanitary napkins will be provided free of cost to all girl students
- Financial assistance to women on childbirth to be increased from 1400 to 4000
- Wages of Anganwadi sevika and Asha didi to be doubled
- Asha workers wages to be increased from 1000/- to 4000/- p.m
- Anganwadi sevika wages to be increased from existing 4500/- to 8000/- p.m
- Installation of free computer centers in every panchayat.
- CCTV to be installed in every village
- Dialysis centers to be opened in civil hospitals in each district where free dialysis services will be provided to poor people.
- Ambulance services to be provided in every panchayat.
- Super specialty hospital to be constructed in every subdivision.
- Free medical services to be provided to BPL families
- Medical College and Hospital to be constructed in every district
- Old pension scheme prior to 2005 will be restored for every government employee.
- Abolish state government order to compulsorily retire non-performing government employees above the age of 50 years
Meanwhile, RJD also released its poll campaign with a video.
आओ आओ नौजवान
आओ जी मज़दूर किसान
लालटेन के उजियारे से हर अंधियार मिटाएँ
झूठ कपट छल करने वाली ये सरकार हटाएँ
आओ, आओ जी आओ आओ
ऐसा बिहार बनाएँ, ऐसा बिहार बनाएँ,
सुख सुविधाओं वाला एक खुशहाल बिहार बनाएँ pic.twitter.com/g1DoVckj4j
— Tejashwi Yadav (@yadavtejashwi) October 24, 2020