Apple has introduced three new payment modes for the App Store in India. This will allow users to choose from additional payment options if they want to make a purchase. The new payment modes on the Apple App Store include Unified Payments Interface (UPI), RuPay cards, and Net Banking. Before this, Apple App Store and iTunes only accepted credit cards or Visa and MasterCard debit cards. These will come in handy for Indian users as it will allow them to make purchases or in-app purchases without having to use their credit or debit card. Apple sent out notifications to users that they can now make payments using UPI, RuPay, and Net Banking.
How to add payment method on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
After the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or macOS is installed, users can try the following steps to add new payment options.
- Head to Settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch and tap on your Apple ID.
- After that, select Payment and Shipping Apple will ask you to sign-in once again for security purposes.
- To add a new payment method, tap Add Payment Method.
- Follow the steps to add UPI, RuPay, or netbanking details. The payment method below your Apple ID is used for purchases on the App Store.
- Tap on Edit on the top right corner to reorder or remove a payment method if required. Users can keep multiple payment methods with their Apple ID.
How to add payment method on your Mac
If you’re on macOS, follow the steps below:
- Open the App Store, click on the sign-in button, tap on View Information.
- Next to Payment Information, click on Manage Payments. Users may be asked to sign-in once again for security.
- Click on Add a payment method > Add Payment. Follow the steps to add UPI, RuPay, or netbanking details.