5 Facts to Know about Liverpool Football club
- Fastest Hattrick: The fastest hattrick with the time frame of 4 min & 33 sec hold by the Robbie Fowler during the Liverpool’s and Barclays Premier League. Robert Bernard “Robbie” Fowler an English player holds the position of striker from 1993 – 2012.
- Success of Bill Shankly as Liverpool manager: Liverpool FC managed to win about 77% of the matching when Shankly was in charge. The numbers would tell a lot, Liverpool FC manages to win about 578 matches in his era.
- Liverpool FC without a trophy: Liverpool FC went without a trophy entire season on 1974 – 75 during the 9 years of Bob Paisley in charge.
- First European Cup: Liverpool won its first European cup by beating Borrusia Moenchengladbach with the score of 3 – 1 during the year 1977. The first ever entry of Liverpool FC in the European football matches was 1964 – 65 tournament.
- The greatest striker Liverpool: Ian Rush holds the record of greatest striker by scoring 346 goals among his 668 strikes in all the competitions. Ian James Rush, a Welsh footballer who played for Liverpool FC during 1980 – 1987 and 1988 – 1996. He is the all time leading goal scorer for the Liverpool FC.
Image source: exhibitioncentreliverpool.com